Dear Kids,

This blog is especially created for you! I'll post small stories, puzzles, jokes, etc. (mainly old ones, occasionally new ones) for you from time to time. This blog is dedicated to three people: (1) My grandpa - Fondly known to all of us as Appappa - who told me so many lovely stories (2) My cousin and friend (Uncle S for you) - who keeps teaching me lots of things that I can do on the computer. (3) My beloved wife (Aunty P for you) - who likes to hear my grandpa's stories from me. Hope you like this blog - Keep visiting! [If you are not a kid (or a kid at heart!!), use this blog to entertain kids known to you!]

Love,
Uncle N

(Pl see the note of caution at the bottom of this page)

August 21, 2007

From Idlis to IIM

Dear Kids,

I'm sure that your grandpa must be telling you to read the newspaper to improve your vocabulary.

I would strongly urge you to listen to your grandpa - It will improve not only your vocabulary but also your knowledge of a wide range of issues including:

  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Movies
  • Special achievements of people

From time to time, I'll recommend some links of nice articles which will be worth reading.

Today is one such day when I came across an inspiring story of a truly poor boy who achieved great heights through sheer will power, intelligence, hard work and perseverence.

Please read the following link from Economic Times, a popular newspaper published in India.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=RVRDSC8yMDA3LzA4LzIxI0FyMDIzMDE=&Mode=HTML&Locale=english-skin-custom

Happy reading!

Uncle N



No comments: