Dear Kids,

This blog is especially created for you! I'll post small stories, puzzles, jokes, etc. (mainly old ones, occasionally new ones) for you from time to time. This blog is dedicated to three people: (1) My grandpa - Fondly known to all of us as Appappa - who told me so many lovely stories (2) My cousin and friend (Uncle S for you) - who keeps teaching me lots of things that I can do on the computer. (3) My beloved wife (Aunty P for you) - who likes to hear my grandpa's stories from me. Hope you like this blog - Keep visiting! [If you are not a kid (or a kid at heart!!), use this blog to entertain kids known to you!]

Love,
Uncle N

(Pl see the note of caution at the bottom of this page)

July 26, 2007

Nice example of father's love and care

Story of Stubborn Kamala

Dear Kids,

Today is Thursday. All of you must be looking forward to the weekend. At the same time, some of you will be wondering what to do with your mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, elder brothers and sisters who keep telling you:

  • Do this
  • Don't do that
  • Don't forget your homework
  • Come home in time, before dark, etc.

Those of you who are irritated by such instructions will find this story of Kamala interesting and informative:

Kamala was the third and youngest child of affectionate parents. This incident happened when she was around 12 years of age. She wanted to go out with her friends and enjoy herself in late games, movies, etc. just like her elder brother and elder sister, who were 17 and 15 years respectively.

However, her parents kept giving her all those usual instructions that you know already - basically, preventing her from "enjoying herself the way she wanted" . One day, this got to be too much. She had been running a mild fever for the past couple of days. Her mother, who was a doctor, gave her some tablets to take and told her to take one tablet without fail after dinner for the next 6 days. Her affectionate father used to remind Kamala to take the tablet after dinner every day.

It was Thursday evening, and Friday happened to be a holiday at school. Kamala was very keen to go out with her friends and enjoy herself. However, looking at her health condition, her father told her strictly to stay at home. Kamala was wildly annoyed and told her father: "Dad - if you speak another word with me, I'll not only stop eating, but will also stop eating the tablets and will go and drink all the cold water and juice that was kept in the refrigirator."

Her father knew that Kamala would precisely do that. At the same time, he wanted to ensure that Kamala did not forget her tablet in the night.

Hence, he told her: "Okay, Kamala, As you wish, I'll not talk with you till you come and ask me to talk - But on one condition: You must remember to take the tablet immediately after dinner and come and tell me. I'll have my dinner only after you have told me that you've taken your tablet."

On hearing this, Kamala understood the extent to which her father cared for her and also understood that whatever he was telling was only for her own good. She burst into tears and hugged her dad and said: "Sorry, dad. Hereafter, I'll always obey all your instructions without fail. After all you are only telling me for my own good!"

_________________________________

Happy reading!

Uncle N


No comments: