Dear Kids,

This blog is especially created for you! I'll post small stories, puzzles, jokes, etc. (mainly old ones, occasionally new ones) for you from time to time. This blog is dedicated to three people: (1) My grandpa - Fondly known to all of us as Appappa - who told me so many lovely stories (2) My cousin and friend (Uncle S for you) - who keeps teaching me lots of things that I can do on the computer. (3) My beloved wife (Aunty P for you) - who likes to hear my grandpa's stories from me. Hope you like this blog - Keep visiting! [If you are not a kid (or a kid at heart!!), use this blog to entertain kids known to you!]

Love,
Uncle N

(Pl see the note of caution at the bottom of this page)

July 18, 2007

Another one on Gandhiji

Dear Kids,

Here's one more nice story about Gandhiji's ability to learn even from children!

Once a child called Gandhiji mad, to the great embarrassment of his parents, when he was eating some fruit.

Bapuji was amused and asked the child to tell him why he (Bapuji) was mad. The little boy said that his mother had called him mad once when he ate something and did not share it with others.

"You are eating alone, and that is why you are mad," the child declared. Gandhiji told him that he was absolutely right and he offered some fruit to him.

Gandhiji was a unique man of his age. This conviction will continue to grow as long as his writings survive and little stories and anecdotes of his deep love for man are narrated to us.

Happy reading!

Uncle N



No comments: