Dear Kids,

This blog is especially created for you! I'll post small stories, puzzles, jokes, etc. (mainly old ones, occasionally new ones) for you from time to time. This blog is dedicated to three people: (1) My grandpa - Fondly known to all of us as Appappa - who told me so many lovely stories (2) My cousin and friend (Uncle S for you) - who keeps teaching me lots of things that I can do on the computer. (3) My beloved wife (Aunty P for you) - who likes to hear my grandpa's stories from me. Hope you like this blog - Keep visiting! [If you are not a kid (or a kid at heart!!), use this blog to entertain kids known to you!]

Love,
Uncle N

(Pl see the note of caution at the bottom of this page)

May 12, 2007

Power of Faith

POWER OF FAITH

The fields were parched and brown from lack of rain, and the crops lay wilting from thirst. People were anxious and irritable as they searched the sky for any sign of relief. Days turned into arid weeks. No rain came.

The Sanyasin in the nearby temple called for an hour of prayer on the lawns the following Friday. He requested that everyone come for the prayer with full faith.

At appointed time, all the people turned out en masse, filling the temple lawns with anxious faces and hopeful hearts.

When the prayer had gone on for around an hour, as if on magical command, rain began to fall. Cheers swept the crowd as they hurried towards the interior parts of the temple to protect themselves from the rain.

Except for a single child ..., who picked up her umbrella that she had brought along!

The Sanyasin said, "This rain is not because of all our prayers - It is because of the faith of that single little child"!

Hence, my dear children, whatever you may do, make sure that you have full faith and belief in what you are trying to do. Your self-confidence will ensure that you succeed in your endeavour!

Happy reading!

Uncle N


No comments: