Dear Kids,

This blog is especially created for you! I'll post small stories, puzzles, jokes, etc. (mainly old ones, occasionally new ones) for you from time to time. This blog is dedicated to three people: (1) My grandpa - Fondly known to all of us as Appappa - who told me so many lovely stories (2) My cousin and friend (Uncle S for you) - who keeps teaching me lots of things that I can do on the computer. (3) My beloved wife (Aunty P for you) - who likes to hear my grandpa's stories from me. Hope you like this blog - Keep visiting! [If you are not a kid (or a kid at heart!!), use this blog to entertain kids known to you!]

Love,
Uncle N

(Pl see the note of caution at the bottom of this page)

May 22, 2007

The Bad Lion and the Wise Deer

The Bad Lion and the Wise Deer

(While I've known this story from the time I was a young child, I happened to see this piece in the net attributed to one Mr. Jem Lim)

Once there lived a hungry, bad lion who ruled a far-away jungle. He scared the animals in the forest and ordered them to bring him food everyday. In return, he promised he would not kill any one of them and would keep all animals safe from his clutches. The smaller and helpless jungle animals had no choice but to agree.

One day, a young deer went to the lion's den to give his offering. The young deer brought the lion a huge meat enough for a feast. The bad lion was still not satisfied that he craved for more. The bad lion wanted to taste the deer's meat and eat him whole. The wise young deer thought of better ways to escape from the bad lion. He said that on his way to the bad lion's den, he met another mighty lion.

"Not far from here, I met a mighty lion and he claimed to be the King! And this mighty lion said he wants to meet you my lord!" the deer said.

The furious bad lion said, "So do I! I want to know the impostor!"

The young deer took the bad lion to a river and said, "Meet the mighty lion, my lord." The angry bad lion immediately jumped to the river attacking its reflection.

The bad lion didn't know that the water was deep and got drowned.

The young deer ended the rule of the bad lion in the jungle.

Happy reading!

Uncle N



No comments: