Dear Kids,

This blog is especially created for you! I'll post small stories, puzzles, jokes, etc. (mainly old ones, occasionally new ones) for you from time to time. This blog is dedicated to three people: (1) My grandpa - Fondly known to all of us as Appappa - who told me so many lovely stories (2) My cousin and friend (Uncle S for you) - who keeps teaching me lots of things that I can do on the computer. (3) My beloved wife (Aunty P for you) - who likes to hear my grandpa's stories from me. Hope you like this blog - Keep visiting! [If you are not a kid (or a kid at heart!!), use this blog to entertain kids known to you!]

Love,
Uncle N

(Pl see the note of caution at the bottom of this page)

October 19, 2007

Airplane Conversation

Airplane Conversation

Dear Kids,

You must have read a lot about the "123 Agreement" about "Nuclear Cooperation" between India & USA. In all this talk, a lot of adults have forgotten about you kids and what is relevant or interesting for you.

Here's a joke that I saw somewhere on the Net some time back (sorry - I don't remember the exact website) which you can go and tell your parents to make them spend more time chatting with you, telling stories that you can enjoy:

A stranger was seated next to Little Ramu on the plane when the stranger turned to the Little Ramu and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights will go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

Little Ramu, who had just opened his book, closed it slowly, and said to the stranger, "What would you like to discuss?"

"Oh, I don't know," said the stranger. "How about nuclear power?"

"OK," said Little Ramu. "That could be an interesting topic.

But, said Little Ramu, Let me ask you a question first. "A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat grass. The same stuff. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

"Jeez," said the stranger. "I have no idea."

"Well, then," said Little Ramu, "How is it that you feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know shit?"

Happy reading!

Uncle N



No comments: